Availability: 52 in stock

2013 Waxwing Wine Cellars Spring Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast or Petaluma Gap CA

Waxwing Wine Cellars
$ 207.00
per case
Pricing:
QTY:

Want to try it before you buy it? Order a free sample.

Order Sample

Want a better deal?

Make an Offer

Please allow the appropriate lag time for necessary compliance procedures. Contact us if you have questions regarding compliance lag time in your area.

2013 Waxwing Wine Cellars Spring Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast or Petaluma Gap CA
SRP: $39 Bottle / $468 case of 12
1-27 Cases Landed Profit Margin: 43.83%
28+ Cases Landed Profit Margin: 48.53%
FOB Profit Margin: 55.77%

"From the cooler reaches of the Petaluma Gap, a sub-area of the larger Sonoma Coast that is awaiting its own appellation status, this Pinot was made with 25% whole-cluster berries, giving it a rough-hewn, earthy edginess that’s appealing in the glass. Tightly wound cherry and cranberry complete the picture, with a taste of dried herb and black tea on the lengthy finish." -WE The Vineyard: 2013 was my fourth vintage working with Karen and Chris London of Spring Hill Vineyard. Their vineyard is a sandy loam site on a west-facing hillside tucked between Petaluma and the northern tip of Point Reyes. Right in the center of the Petaluma Gap, it is cool and windy during the growing season. Leaf pulling in the fruit zone isn't necessary; the wind shreds the canopy enough by veraison to get ample light on the clusters. Twenty acres are planted with Swan, 115, Pommard, 667, 777 and Calera clones. Planting occurred in 2001, 2002 and 2003. The Londons run Scottish Highland Beef cattle on their adjacent acreage and farm the grapes primarily by themselves composting and hand-pulling weeds. Winemaking: 75% of the fruit was de-stemmed as whole berries; the remaining 25% was foot stomped whole cluster in the fermenter. Cold soak lasted for five days in assorted open-top fermenters. The tanks were vigorously punched down two to three times per day. After fermentation the wine was pressed directly to barrel. The wine was aged in once-used French oak barrels for eleven months and bottled with a no filtration. Technical Data: 208 cases produced Release date: December 2014 Alcohol: 13.5% Ageing: 11 months in once-used French oak barrels

Fanciful Name: Spring Hill Vineyard
Vintage: 2013
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Region/AVA: Sonoma Coast or Petaluma Gap
ABV: 13.5%
Annual Production: 208
Country Of Origin: United States
Bottle Size: 750
Bottles Per Case: 12
Closure Type: Cork
Scores: WE 91, Pinot Report 92

You may also be interested in the following products